söndag, april 17, 2005

A Day Out

I haven't seen so much of Umeå region, eventhough I've been quite a while here. So, Sarah thought I should do a trip by car into Umeå's surrounding areas once. A good idea, I thought and we decided to go on saturday. On friday I asked Simon (the international Student coordinator) what would be worth seeing, but he said there is nothing to see. Ok, that's true, as there is nothing really special, but still there are a lot of small things to see, which are really beautiful. Sometimes, the journey is the reward and so we headed northwards without a certain goal. (Actually I have never been before north of Umeå by myself the whole time I've been here). Via Tavelsjön, Vindeln and Hällnäs we traveled to Skellefteå, mostly on side roads, which were sometimes only small gravel roads. Arrived in Skellefteå, I noticed that I didn't think much when choosing my clothes in the morning, I was wearing a Björklöven Sweatshirt in the home town of their archrivals. But besides some angry looks nothing happend to me. The city of Skellefteå isn't that spectacular but still has a special charme, it is a bit like Umeå in small. The way back south along the coast was also quite impressive. Now I can really say, you don't have to travel long to find beautiful places, especially when the weather is as nice as it was on saturday.
Ha en trevlig vecka!