torsdag, april 07, 2005

Våren untan Björnlök

Spring is comming also here in Umeå, or lets say at least winter has gone. The days get longer again, temperatures are rising and the snow is melting away. Yesterday I went to town and bought me a new spring jacket, because my winter jacket is just to warm now. But it still doesn't look like spring here, the lakes and rivers are still frozen, there is still a lot of snow, the streets are covered with gravel and nothing is already green again. There are surely nicer places at this time of the year.
I just thought in Switzerland this would be the time for bear's garlic now. I cannot explain why, but a walk through the prospering forest with a scent of bear's garlic in the air, that's what I associate with spring. And of course, bear's garlic is also something really tasty to cook with.
I have no idea if bear's garlic also grows in Sweden or not, at least I didn't find a Swedish word for it (ok, my dictionary is not so large) .
Jag har en fråga till alla svenskar som läser min blog; finns det någon växt som "björnlök" i Sverige och hur kallas den? Stämmer björnlök? Jag hoppas att jag får ett svar, tack!

1 Comments:

At 5:23 em, Anonymous Anonym said...

Helsingfors den 13 september 2005

Hej,

Bärlauch heter ramslök på svenska.

Hälsningar

Torbjörn Löf
email: tobbe.loef@kolumbus.fi

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home