måndag, januari 24, 2005

Back from Ammarnäs

So, I'm back from Ammarnäs and this morning I've started again with my new course. The weekend was really nice. On thursday we started our journey to Ammarnäs at 4 p.m., it was snowing, of course already dark and it took us 6 hours to drive there. But it was really great, I saw my first elks here in Sweden. First, a whole elk-family was standing on the street and later on we saw two more. On the way back then another elk almost run into our car. And we have also seen a bunch of rendeers and two deers. I won't ever doubt again that these animals really exist in the swedish forests.
In Ammarnäs we could live in the cabin of Emmy's grandparents (tack så mycket Emmy, tack så mycket Emmy's morföräldrar!), which was really cosy, eventhough we had some problems with the electricity first. Ammarnäs itself is at this time of the year quite calm, it is lying at the end of a dead end valley and out of season there are not many guest there. So, on saturday we went skiing, and we were almost alone on the slope. The snow was great, new powder, just incredible. Since only a few people were there, Emmy could talk a lot with the guy responsible for lift and slopes. So she could manage that he drove us up to the top of the mountain with his snowscooter the next day. And it was beautiful, on sunday the sky was blue and the sun was shining and we had a great view over the mountains and hills around there.
We had so much fun this weekend and I think I could write a lot more about Ammarnäs just now but there are already other things going on as well.
As I mentioned, today started the new semester, and I'm reading now some courses in swedish, my first impressions of that, I'll probably write down on wednesday or thursday.
Furthermore is this evening the big farewell party of Mark, Sandra and some others, so I'll publish a party review tomorrow.
By the way, I promise to publish the pictures from Ammarnäs as soon I have them.

Hej då!

1 Comments:

At 6:48 em, Anonymous Anonym said...

Hey Rofffll'
You are very very welcome! Can't imagine better company in Ammarnäs, you and the other people made this trip amazing! The best part was the snowfight and when I managed to knock you over when walking downhill...-Amazing what power I have *He he*. Hope you can organize the battery to the camera soon so we can see the pics.
Cheers,Em.

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home