måndag, april 25, 2005

Umeå IK - Karlstad QBIK

As you might know, at the moment I do a coaching course at the university. For this course we have to write a paper in pairs. I have the honour to write the paper together with Anne Mäkinen, Umeå IK's most prominent new player (och en av Finlands absolut bästa spelare, according to the match program). No question, I had to watch Umeå IK's first home game this season. They had reduced ticket prices and free cake to get as many people as possible for the season start, finally, 3427 spectators came.
The game itself went pretty well for Umeå but was not very exciting. The home team scored the first goal already after one minute, the end score became 7 -0. The Umeå-girls played really good and had opportunities for several more goals, while Karlstad had not a single shoot on the goal. It would be interesting to see Umeå IK playing against a really good team like Djurgården, unfortunately the game at home is not until october. But I'll probably go again to another game anyway.

By the way, some words about my own football and coaching career; I have a season off now and I think it was really good to get a bit distance from football for once, but now, when summer comes and while doing this coaching course, I feel really motivated to begin again when coming back to Switzerland. The bottom line of this message: I haven't got a contract or an agreement for next season, neither as a player nor as a coach, so if there are any clubs, which are interested in my services, I'm open for negotiations.