måndag, februari 14, 2005

Sports Press Review

This morning I read the sports part of Dagens Nyheter (Swedens biggest newspaper) and Västerbottens Kuriren (local newspaper); and I noticed once more how strange the choice of articles acually is. I mean, it's clear that the focus lies on Swedish athletes but it is close to arrogance that they publish hardly any reports (or even results) from other events. As you might know, last weekend were the qualification tournaments for the olympic ice hockey tournament. Switzerland had Norway and Danmark (two Swedish neighbours) in the group (and beat them both). I was interested what DN would write about these tournaments, but nothing. Not even the results were in, of neither one of the groups. But two pages about the game Sweden - Finland and two pages about the sex scandal in the Swedish national team during the Sweden games. There was another game at the Sweden games, Russia against Czechia, but also no report, only the result was printed. Another funny thing was the reporting from the alpine ski world championship, as I heard, they broadcasted the second run of the womens slalom at the university, but after Anja Pärsson dropped out, they stopped the transmission, without showing who won. And today I couldn't find results of the team competition from sunday, I could only read that the Swedish team was really bad and that the Germans won, but the other places?
Facit: Swedish sport newspapers are quite strange.
Bye the way, also some positive news; today I got the recharger for my digital camera. Thanks to the superintendent! He really finds everything.
Soon I can publish more pictures here. (I also got some from last saturday from Luise, but I'm not sure if I will publish them).
I'm out now, I heard there is a Valantine's party somewhere, let's see what's going on there.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 em, Anonymous Anonym said...

Wollte nur sagen, dass ich auch deine Berichte lese. Sehr interesant - weiter so!
Gruss!
R.

 
At 7:11 em, Anonymous Anonym said...

Und was diese Zeitungen sich erlauben - einfach ungehört...

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home