fredag, februari 11, 2005

Week review

Hej,
as you might have noticed, the pace of new posts in my blog slowed down a bit. It's because I'm getting busier now. The first weeks of the new semester were easy but now I noticed that the next exam will probably not that easy as I thought first. I think I have to read the book now. But it's still more than a week to go till the exam and only 250 pages.
Today I started a second course (introduction to Swedish Law) paralell to the other one. I thought it is a 25 % work load evening course over the whole semester, but now it is shortend down to 2 months and actually a 50 % work load daytime course. Some lectures will overlap and I'll have the first seminar exactly one day after the exam of the other course. So, the next weeks will be quite busy, but I need this somehow. Since a feel a bigger pressure again, I'm also more motivated to learn. Last week and at the beginning of this, I was just lazy but today I really felt like learning. Unfortunately it was really nice weather today and I got a pair of cross-country skis on wednesday. So I decided to shorten lunch break, reading till 2 o'clock and than go skiing on lake Nydala. And it was the right decision; it had fresh snow, the sun was shining and hardly anybody was on the lake. It was really nice, the only thing missing was an après ski-bar.

On Wednesday, the USBE had a information event for swedish students about studying abroad. Marc and me gave a presentation of the university of Zürich for them. It was quite funny; we knew how to advertise the city, but what should we tell them about the university? But there was also a swedish girl who has studied in Zürich last year and she knew better how it worked for exchange students in Zürich. Afterwards we could talk a bit with her and it was interesting how Zürich is seen by an exchange student.
Zürich, worth a visit!

As you might now, the world sometimes can be quite a small place. Today in this law course I met Rikka, a Finnish girl who has been a year in Switzerland for high school exchange at the same school like I have been. I would not have recognised her anymore, but I surly could remember her. Some coincidences are really funny.

Now, the forcast for the weekend: I don't know what's on tonight, I decided to take it easy, go to the sauna with the mentor group and then perhaps have a beer or two in NH.
Saturday evening offers (like allways) a lot of possibilities. There is a party in Mariehem (17B) but I won't go there, since it is too far away. The place to be tomorrow is the pre-party at Anders' corridor (Pedagoggränd 7a, 3rd floor). Afterwards it's club zoo in Villan, that's a party I really can suggest. But I'll probably go downtown tomorrow, I haven't been there for a long time and O'Learys should be nice.
Last but not least, on sunday will be ice hockey again on the ice rink in Ålidhem, it starts one o'clock, if somebody is interested.
I wish you a nice weekend