onsdag, juni 29, 2005

Goodbye Umeå

It´s time to say goodbye to my chosen home city for the last 10 months. Actually, I already left Umeå last thursday, but I didn´t have time to write something before leaving. It was strange somehow to go to the city centre a last time. I remembered the first day I came to Umeå, it was raining, I didn´t know anybody or anything and I had to search stuff for my broken tent. Now the sun was shining, I felt like home and many places were connected with memories.
Cleaning my room and packing my things wasn´t that easy as well; a lot of stuff was collected during this year and I got a lot of things, which are still useful but which I don´t need anymore. Somehow I managed to get rid of all the stuff I didn´t want to take home and to pack the things I still need in my car. At 5 p.m. I left Pedagoggränd 9A and Ålidhem, brought back the keys to the international housing office and drove to Holmsund, where I took the ferry to Vaasa.
A blue sky with some single white clouds promised nice weather for midsummer, while the ferry headed for Finland and Umeå diminished at the horizon. Soon the sorrow of leaving was displaced by anticipation of the midsummer festivities in Finland.

Is this the end now of my blog? No, certainly not yet. I´m still on my "farewell tour" and the way back home is also part of the journey. So I try to write regular updates if possible about my travel. Back home I´ll probably write a summary about this year in Umeå. But I have to think first about this all anyway before I´ll be able to draw a conclusion.

See you