lördag, juni 04, 2005

Short trip to Finland

I just came back from a short trip to Finland. As you might know, I planned my Finland-trip for july, but now I drove Leena back home and spent several days there. First we went to Tampere and stayed there two days. The city has an interesting night live and a lot of good bars and restaurants and I had not enough time to try all these nice places. Surely a reason to go there again. Afterwards we went to Pori and I stayed two more days there. Yesterday we were in the family's summer cottage. That's quite cool in Finland and in Sweden as well that many families have these really nice "sommarstugor", eventhough it is surely a lot of work. Today now, I came back to Umeå and on the road back I made the 10'000th km with my car since I left Switzerland last summer.

Umeå seems already to be quite empty a lot of international students have left during the last days and the Swedish students went home as well. This weekend are the last farewell parties and it is probably interesting to see what will go on next week when almost everybody went home. But ok, on tuesday I'll leave also for Norway (Lofots and North cape) but I'll be back in Umeå once again probably for midsommar.

At the end I just want to mention that to friends (Mark and Daniel) were running the Stockholm Marathon today and they both finished in quite good times, congratulations! And respect to Mark's trainings effort and respect to Daniel's result without any planned training.